Instructions to Authors
Guidelines for Submitting ManuscriptsAll submissions to the Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics must be submitted electronically. To ensure author anonymity, JARE accepts submissions only in PDF format. Author and institutional identifications will be removed from PDF file submissions by the editorial team prior to being sent to reviewers. Receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged by e-mail. Authors who submit manuscripts to the Journal of Agricultural Economics must
- certify that the material in the manuscript, to the best of their knowledge, does not infringe upon other published material protected by copyright.
- declare that the material in the manuscript (or modification thereof) has not been published, is not being published, is not simultaneously under consideration for publication in any other journal.
- agree to report, describe, and/or reference the complete estimation process undertaken to derive the results presented in the manuscript, including data documentation as well as model specifications estimated but not reported in the manuscript. Authors must agree to make data used for this manuscript available at cost upon request for five years.
- agree to disclose any and all funding sources that supported the research described in this manuscript.
- agree to assume obligation of payment of page charges at the time of publication.
Authors’ Identification and Title PageTo protect their anonymity in the review process, authors should not identify themselves on the title page or in any headers. A separate title page must be sent as an attachment to the editors via the online submission management system and should include: (i) title; (ii) author names; and (iii) name, phone number, and email address of the corresponding author.
Text Preparation and Style GuideSubmitted manuscripts should be no longer than 35 pages (including reference list, tables, and figures). Double-space all text, including the abstract, acknowledgments, footnotes, and references. Place each table and figure on a separate page following the references. Make sure that the manuscript follows the style and formatting requirements outlined in the JARE Style Guide.
Supplementary AppendicesJARE can post supplementary appendices for published articles online at www.jareonline.org and at AgEcon Search. These materials must be included in the original submission. Page charges for supplementary appendices are $10/page.
Author RightsAuthors who publish in JARE retain copyright and publishing rights without restrictions and grant the journal right of first publication. Authors grant the Western Agricultural Economics Association and the Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics a license to publish and distribute the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, which allows others to share the work for noncommercial purposes, provided that (i) they acknowledge the work’s authorship and initial publication in JARE and (ii) this is not done for commercial purposes. (More information can be found here). Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of JARE’s published version of the work. This includes but is not limited to reproducing the contribution separately, in a university or institutional repository, or in any derivative work of which they are the author(s) or editor(s), subject only to giving proper credit in the work to the original publication of the contribution by JARE.
Electronic SubmissionsElectronic submission services are provided by FastTrack at the University of Missouri, providing an efficient and reliable means for facilitating submissions and tracking manuscripts, reviews, and communications among editors, authors, and reviewers. All documents must be submitted in pdf format and will undergo double-blind peer-review before being considered for publication.
Click here to submit an article electronically